Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thank you for not playing

I would like to thank everyone for not playing the BoDog 100K guarantee on Sunday. The buyin was $109 and the guaranteed payout was 100K. Guess how many people signed up including satellite qualifiers? Less than 680. That's right, Bodog took in 68K (+the juice) but paid out 100k. I also played in the 10K guarantee $11 buyin that started 1/2 hr later...guess how many signed up? About 670. That's is right, in both of these tourneys, about 1/3 of the total prize pool was overlay. This is just awesome. Luckily, noone reads this blog, so I expect more of the same next week. The other sweet thing about the tourneys was that instead of only paying out 10% of the field with the bottom feeders that make the money just getting their buyin back...these tourneys paid 90 spots out of less than 680 entrants each. First payout for the 109 buyin tourney was $250 and first payout for the $11 tourney was $25. I made the money in both, but unfortunately made the minimum on both. Pushed JJ in to KK in the $11 tourney to bustout in about 80th place...and in the 100k I had 11k stack in BB with avg stack 24k; 67 players left and action folds to SB who I have covered by all of 417 chips; he shoves with J4off and I call with 99. He flops a jack and I go out next hand via forced allin sb unable to cover the sb and ante. I felt good about my play this tournament with the exception of 1 big mistake. I had about 14K in chips and open raise 3x bb from mp...button has been very active and reraises me but small ( I believe I had made it 1250 and he rr to 3200)...I have to call 1950 in to a pot that has about 6k with blinds and antes...I decide it is worth a look (villian had position and had me covered in chips) and end up having to check fold the whiffed flop. I honestly think that even though I was getting 3:1 on the call and we were deep enough to give me implied odds, in the end it is just spewage at this stage of the tourney. Of course some people could have just stop and go shoved there because they knew that if the turn didn't bring the 5, then the river would. Oh well, I definitely need to get better on my reads (i.e. quit 6 tabling), and amp up my aggression factor. Still pleased to have cashed in both of those tourneys (needed it since I am getting schelled on FTP). See some of you donkeys tomorrow in the hoy and some the next night in the Donkey and Skillz. Wish I wasn't too piss poor to play some of those FTOPS events but oh well. Avoid the suckouts.
JD

1 comment:

smokkee said...

Bodog tournament overlays are the shizz, esp the 100k.

nice job taken down the mOOk.