Wednesday, May 7, 2008

BBT3 razz victory in the skillz event and points in the donkey.

Last night had a decent run in the blogger tourneys. I had over 15K in chips fairly early in the Bodonkey (when avg was only about 4k). I then imploded by shoving 66 over Miami Don's button raise (he had KK and took about 5k of my stack). Later, I get KK allin pre against I Crush Bloggers 88 and he rivers a straight (and would go on to take the tourney down). About 4 or 5 hands later, I raise with QQ from the button and cbags shoves from the sb with A9. Ace on the flop and one on the turn to boot and I am now the short stack. I hung on long enough for a few people to bust and squeeked in to the points. I only moved up one spot on the leaderboard though because even though I moved past 3 people, 2 others moved past me (I Crush and Instant Tragedy). Miami Don, Donkette, Lightning, Numbono, and TripJax are all right there as well...so 15th is not safe. Definitely either need to get points in at least 2 of the remaining events or get 1 deep score.
The skillz event this week was razz. I love razz because the worst hand wins...and I am master of getting the worst hand. I decided I was going to play very aggressively if I could build a stack and go after the shorties. I started out slow but got going after about the first hour. I got a bigstack but JD Schellnutt HATER built up an even bigger stack. I know he is king of cash nlh...but there are scenarios where razz hands that appear to be junk or a big dog are actually a favorite or at the very least a coin flip. Fuel may know that a flopped oesfd is actually a slight favorite to a flopped top 2 pair...but might just not appreciate that there are times when the "obvious" currently "best" hand is actually a dog in razz. You must watch the whole table's board cards relative to outs. If 4 or more of your mathcing hole cards have been duped on the board and there have been 1 or no dupes of your opponent's exposed board cards, he may have you dominated in terms of current low, but you would likely be a the favorite. Anyways, I had many starting hands with an 8 or nine up to open that I would play based on board dupes of my hole cards and no dupe aces on the board to an open raiser showing an ace that would get me there by 7th due to increased likelihood of Ace raiser bricking and my decreased likelihood of bricking. Not saying I wasn't uber lucky. Just saying things aren't always as they seem. I would catch good and be an idiot to Fuel, yet an opponent might have 4K7K on his board and catch 7th good to beat my made rough 8 on 5th (betting it hard the whole way) and Fuel would comment that it was a "balls" call by said opponent. No big deal. I've been called worse many times and will be called worse many more. I know I am not top calibre, but am comfortable in my own skin. I might even idiot my way to a cash in the TOC now. Get paid or get laid and enjoy.
JD

2 comments:

David Westbay said...

I have a lot of respect for Fuel as a player, but I do wish he would rein in the snide comments in the chat box.

You got coolered horribly on that beat from ICrushBloggers in the Bodonkey. Congrats on picking up a few points. See you there next week where we can fight it out to stay in the top 18.

lucko said...

I really hope Fuel never reins in the snide comments in the chat box. They are comedy gold!