Sunday, May 18, 2008

RAZZLE DAZZLE

Got home from work Saturday morning and didn't have time to play any tourneys (told my wife I would meet her and my boys down at the beach + had to get a few hours of sleep before having to work another night shift and head straight to church Sunday a.m.). Anyway, decided to play some high stakes razz on fulltilt for a little bit before I headed to the beach ($30/$60). Sat down at the short handed table and could not believe the play. I will call with a marginal door card in a multiway pot sometimes due to situational observation (board exposure, stacks in play, % of time person always raises when showing a strong door card, etc.) but a couple of the guys that sat would routinely bring in with a K, then call a completion raise by one person showing anything from A-8. Bringin player would then catch something like a 9on fourth and call another bet from original preflop bettor that caught another strong card on 4th. 5th street would bring a brick for original bettor and bringin player would finally catch a good card. Action would be original preflop bettor would bet 5th and bringin player would raise??? This was a common scenario. Anyway, I had one guy that was just betting, raising and reraising anytime he had a strong door card showing. This setup a hand where I won my biggest cash pot to date. I had a made smooth eight on 5th and action was 3 way and capped the whole way till then. On 6th, one guy dropped and other guy just called with his board of 6/8/2/10. I catch perfect with a 4 on 7th giving me the wheel and he calls my last bet for a huge pot. Hope to play some tournaments late Sunday afternoon and Sunday night (HU blogger tourney a possibility...but I suck at HU matches so we'll see). Wife is maxing out on patience with amount of poker I have been playing though, so I don't know how much I'll play. See you on Monday for the Hoy. Need some points there for BBT3 purposes and definitely need a score in the Donkey Tuesday night as I currently sit in 17th spot with only 18 qualifying. Out.
JD

1 comment:

UnTiltable said...

Nice run in Razz.. how about a loan.. Pell grant style (dont have to pay it back :-)