Thursday, April 10, 2008

bodonkey 12th and no traction in skillz

I got pushed around quite a bit in the Bodonkey Tuesday as I had to fold to reraise after reraise. I had taken the early chiplead when my KK pot sized preflop raise during the first level was called by the sb. Flop came QJ7 and sb led for 140. I called to keep pot control given the deep stack nature of the tourney (in case villian had qj or 77). Turn is a king and the board has 4 suits. He leads for 480...i raise to 1160 and he instashoves for his remaing chips. I call with top set praying he doesn't have A 10 and he tables Q6off??? Anyway, I got pushed around despite my stack after that till i finally took a stand on pokahdave's button raise 3x pre in to an unopened flop... i shove with 10 10 and dave had AA. I lose and am now a short stack (1800 i think). I build back up a decent stack and lose 1/5 stack calling shorty allin from bb...then 1/4 calling another shorty allin next time i am bb. Calling with pot odds against short stack range is not paying off. Oh well. I build back up and then double Blinders (Whatsthanutz) when he min raised utg while being a shorty himself. I jammed him with my AQ and his KK held for a double (obv. lethal mistake). He has owned me in this tourney. I held on long enough to make the points then doubled my short stack by shoving A9o and getting all folds...next hand i shove JJ and get called by small blind's 77...turn is a 7 and IGH in 12th place. Moved up to 13th on the Leaderboard, but certainly not safe. Skillz i made it about to the top 3rd but never got a big enough stack to contend. Had a small chat back and forth with Lucko21 who I know is 10x the poker player I could ever dream of becoming but i couldn't resist. Essence of chat after i went to the river in a razz hand to double him when he obv. had me beat...
Lucko: lol...terrible
JD: I tried to Lucko you
Lucko: no you tried to donkey me
JD: six in one hand, half dozen the other

all for now.
JD

1 comment:

lucko said...

Glad to see there is finally someone who doesn't cry over a little trash talking.