Thursday, June 5, 2008

No Love

Outlasted Wonka but couldn't best Tuscaloosa John to take down the 2k prize for May BBT3 win. With Wonka out and TJ and I essentially tied as the points bubble approached (both as shorties), he pushed with K5 and got called by A5...king and 5 on flop and he doubled. This left me sucking hind tit with 2.5 bb left. It folds to me in small blind and I shove my paltry stack in with KJo and get called by Miami Don's A9off. He holds and I am left only to pray TJ goes out in the next 3 places. No love for me as TJ rightly folds to the points. I go into depression mode and sleep on the couch for the next 12 hours until my buddy Brad comes over & tells me to snap out of my funk and get my baggies on. We catch some glassy waste to chest high waves and all is right with the world again. Tuesday night, I played the Bodonkey entering the tourney 21st on the points list (needing 18th to secure a spot at the 18man shootout for the wsop seat). I figured I needed at least 10th and possibly even 9th place finish to have a chance. I took one big chance early getting it all in on the flop where I had 4 to a flush and also an open ended straight draw against ScottMc's AA with the Ace to the backdoor flush draw. I got there on the river and built a nice stack. From there I proceeded to race away with people I had covered at least 2:1 with somewhat marginal holdings and won each time to take the tournament chip lead. I get dealt AA under the gun after I had just open raised 3 hands in a row. I lead out with a pot sized raise expecting someone to call bs or at least race after the terrible starting showdown hands I had (e.g. 45sooted vs AKoff allin pre with my 45 hitting a 5 to take it down). Instead everyone folded. That was the end of my heater run though as I raised mp with Ak and got called by Bayne in the bb. Flop came jack high and he check raised me. Being the donk off chipmaster I am, I shove allin over the top of him and he had pocket hooks for the flopped set which unnecessarily quaded up on the turn. From there I had to slow down as I needed points. I raised Ak from ep again and had to fold to Gary Carson's allin shove from the BB. Raise AQ about 3 hands later and again have to fold to someone's allin overshove. This happens 2 more times with AQ and 1 mor time with AK and I am now in bad shape chip wise. I hold on to bust 8th and squeek in to the top 18 for the chance at a seat. GL me. BBT3 TOC Saturday = 46 players with 2 getting 12k prize and 3rd and 4th getting 2k. BBT3 winner take all Sunday for 2k (approx 130 players some of which will no show). Then Tuesday is 18 player shootout at Bodog for the 12k prize 2-5th also with some prize money. Going to need to not get unlucky early, then get lucky middle, then not get unlucky late to have a chance.
out
JD

No comments: