Saturday, June 28, 2008

Finally

I won the 11pm 10k guarantee on bodog this past Thurs. night ($200 buyin)...I think there was about an 1800 dollar overlay as only 41 players sooted up! It is a lot easier to win these things win you card rack it at the final table. That win was good for $4k...then last night I played in the 15k guarantee 100 dollar buyin that started at 8:30 pm while i was playing the live game down the street. With 4 people left I had a significant chip lead (1st paid 4500). Unfortunately, the guy who had the 2nd biggest stack once down to 4 made a standard raise from the button when i was BB. I flatted and flopped an oesd and 4spades to a weak flush. I bet, he raised, I shoved having him comfortable covered and having 2 draws at 15outs. He had pocket KK and I whiffed. This left me as a shorty and I eventually busted 3rd for 1785 payout. I sucked out this entire tournament to get there (it was nice to be on the other side for a change). Hope I can maintain this heater. All for now.
JD

No comments: