Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The heater continues

After last Thursday's and Friday's big scores, I have continued with some big wins and lots of final tables. From Saturday to Tuesday (finished Wednesday a.m. about 07:30 actually) I have won a Bodog 5k guarantee $44+$4 for $1500, got 4th in a Bodog $50+$5 rebuy 8K guarantee for $975, got 5th in a Bodog $30+$3 5k guarantee for $280, got 2nd in a Bodog $20+$2 rebuy 5k guarantee for $1050 and got 1st in the 01:59EST $69+$6 FullTilt ?guarantee(doesn't matter guar. on ftp since there is almost never an overlay anyway) for a $4800 score. Was looking good in the 3am Turbo Hundo on fulltilt when I got AA all in pre against AJo and TT till the river 10 sent me to the rail (would have been top 10 stack with that pot). This is the 3rd time I have won the 01:59 event on FullTilt. Usually have been drunk off my ass when I won it including this time as I had been over to my friend Brad's for an evening cookout with the family. He is convinced that the 2 jack and coke's I had is the secret to a successful tourney...but maybe the 11 beers that followed didn't hurt either. Hate that I have to start back my 7 straight days of work tonight (will cool me off from my heater), but such is life. Most of all I hate not being at the WSOP Main Event as my game has really come around lately. I suck at live poker though because I can't read people for shit, but people can read me like an open book. I also have trouble playing such a small number of hands per hour as I usually have 6-8 tables going at once online:>). I am fairly certain at least one of our blogger brethren will go DEEEEP in the WSOP ME. LJ, Lucko, and Loretta8 are all on sick heaters right now and all stand a great chance go deep. Hope TuscaJohnny hits on his mega sat and plays as well. Don't know who backed him for the sat, but I would say it was a good investment. Not sure if CK is playing the main event or not, but if she is...I wouldn't want to draw her table either. I don't know how well I would adjust to such long levels and the superstack of chips. See so many push monkeys shoving so early in the ME that I would snap call my flopped top set to an allin shove from the guy who flops the OESD and he would hit his 8 outer on me. Guess we'll find out next year as I need to log some live practice time before I take my shot. I think Brad and I are going to go to the Borgota later this month and hit their daily tourneys for a few days. Definitely want to play the $300+$40 75k guarantee they run on Fridays. Till next time...felt the fish and bust the donkeys.
JD

1 comment:

lj said...

wow, nice run!! keep it up!