Monday, February 4, 2008

recipe for a rebuy

Pre superbowl $50 rebuy and addon local live game: 18 players-
rebuy recipe: buy in double for 8k chips...chip up to 12k...donk off chips to below 4k and rebuy to get back to 8k chips...chip up to 13k by 1st break...add on at break for 4k more chips to get to 17k...fold...fold...fold...fold...fold........get aces utg and get paid by aggro in mid position to double and take chip lead...donk chips...donk chips....fold...fold...fold...fold...donk chips...fold...fold...blind off and get short 7th of 10 at final table...get lucky and win a race with short stack shove 44 in sb in to bb AK allin pre...2 hands later double up again w/ 10 10 allin on flop vs 88 after flop of 642rainbow...eliminate that player 6 hands later me with 88 him 33 on his short stack shove from cutoff into my BB allin preflop...back to chip leader...one more big hand with my JackAce call from the BB after UnTiltable shortstack desperation open shove from button (3.5:1 chip lead on him at time and his M was about 4). From there folded my way to final 4 (3 paid) and was able to leverage my chip stack on the bubble to take it down. $200 of buyins and $1,000 for first place. Long story short. Chip up the expensive way...donk donk goose...get lucky...get lucky...get paid by aggro monkey...get stupid...get stupid...get lucky...get lucky...don't get unlucky...use position and chip stack leverage. Probably the only reason I won was I was one of only 2 people not getting slam ass drunk. This was only because I had to go straight from tourney to work a 12hour night shift. Blinding off for now. goot luck.

1 comment:

UnTiltable said...

Well deserved win and you called it in my blog when you said you were going to pick off one of my bluffs. Also, who you calling drunk. I only had 4 Jack n Cokes, a shot of something Dave gave me and about 10 beers... nothing an ECU grad cant handle..lol (sounds similiar to my daily pre class ritual at ECU).